Saturday, May 13, 2017

Next Project

I finally made the deck box covers.  I used plastic composite fascia boards from Rona.  They are 1/2" thick and 7"wide. I joined them together with 3/4" aluminum angle and SS nuts and bolts.  Now we can sit outside!





My next project is going to be a doghouse for the companionway.  With all the rain we've had so far this year, it has been quite apparent that we need one!  Every trip in or out of the boat so far has meant rain getting in when we open the hatch.

I intend to make it with plywood, and paint it up with the house colour.  I will make the door with 3/8" or 1/2" tinted Plexiglas framed up with aluminum.





7 comments:

  1. Looking great. Hope to see it up close some time.

    Yoda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yoda! A trip to BC in the land yacht perhaps?

      Delete
  2. Will it get in the way of the boom?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll keep the rig forward of the doghouse.

      Delete
  3. Liking that flag. I look forward to being done enough to fly one. Maybe in twenty years they'll be ubiquitous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait a second, did beavers eat your rudder???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took it off since it served no purpose without the lower section that pivots down. It just looked weird.

      Since we'll only motor the boat this year, I can steer with the motor. I made some skegs from HDPE plastic that will bolt to the sides up forward to help control the skidding around. We have some nice weather coming up finally; I'll install them and post on it.

      The Fraser is in a pretty good freshette right now so I'm holding off on taking her out for a little while yet.

      Delete