Thursday, December 8, 2016

My Last Terse Post

Yes, it was a little terse and I apologize.   But truth be told, there really isn't that much to report since we are just trying to get some painting and cleanup done prior to installing and fitting out.  Winter has also set in a little early in Mission.  Normally we'd see this kind of weather in January.  I must say though that I am very happy with the decision to put that little stove in.  Autarkia is very cosy and snug in this weather with a little fire!

Anyway, here's a little video for you.  More to come.

2 comments:

  1. Always nice to see an update, no matter how brief. One question - Are you planning on putting any insulation in her or have I missed that stage already. If so what are your plans? Kingspan-Type foam? PE-Foam?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jon. No, we are not planning any insulation at all. Even with the -2C temperatures we have been getting the 1500 watt cube heater keeps the frost off the interior, and when I put the fire on she warms up nicely inside. The galley area gets quite warm but it is cooler in the forward cabins - nothing we can't handle with a sweater or some longjohns at worst. I think the plywood construction makes insulation quite optional.

      Delete