Thursday, November 3, 2016

Autarkia Launches Friday Morning

My boat mover, Norm, had some truck repairs to do so we had to delay launch until tomorrow morning so please stay tuned!

In the meantime, I've been wrapping up the little jobs.  The motor steering bar and linkages are made and the pedastal mount for the engine controls and instruments are done too.  I just have to tidy up and route the wiring.  So under power, the sailing rudder will be up, and the boat will steer with the motor only.

I must disconnect the steering linkage to raise the motor.  I'm going to fix that later on with a new steering arm with one additional swivel in it.  No time right now.

I apologize for the short and minimal posts lately - time has been a factor.  They'll get better soon!








4 comments:

  1. cool work! Glad you are a go
    Dennis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dennis! Got the jitters but I think it will all be ok... :-)

      Delete
  2. Best of Luck Alan.
    Do you do the traditional spraying of bubbly over the bow on this first slide into the water or can it be done at a a later, less jittery time ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jon! We'll likely have a more formal party of sorts later on. That said, she will not go into the water without a tot of rum poured in first for King Neptune, a shot on her deck, and a wee tot for all present!

      Delete