Saturday, October 1, 2016

Autarkia Has a Pacemaker

Well we finally got the official letter from the city.  All registered and chock full of nasty threats and promises including THEM removing our pride and joy from the premises, I assume that would be with the Mountie backup - a certain requirement I would think.

*$#@'em.  The boat will leave by October 15th.  I have moorage.  I have my surveyor lined up for the interim insurance.  A couple of hatches to build... some deck hardware... a rudder (drawings emailed last night from Tad Roberts), a slop coat of bottom paint and TODAY - the engine mounted!

It went quite well, but I miscalculated on the clearances a bit.  The power lift/trim will need to limited with a switch - easy to design and something that can wait for now - because the motor won't go all the way up without hitting the aft end of the well.  It does go up enough to eliminate any drag though.   It was a major accomplishment and I'm happy with the day's progress.








 Anyway, it's balls to the wall for the next two weeks to meet the deadline.  I have to turn down an electrical gig, and postpone a much needed getaway for Lorri and I (she hasn't had one break yet since her bypass surgery), but God forbid we continue to offend the sensibilities of some sad, pathetic soul who lacks any romanticism  in his sorry life and must interfere with the happiness of others, aided and abetted by a dying system that will meet its end with stunned surprise.

So this time next year I will be in Desolation Sound eating fresh crab for breakfast, or lying in the form of my scattered ashes floating on the Fraser River, as a result of a fatal tasering by the Horseman.  It wouldn't be the first time for them.  I think those things need some tweaking...

The Saga continues....

5 comments:

  1. When does the house go up for sale?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everitt, we have some personal stuff to deal with, but Lorri and I are not going to stay here forever doing what the eldest child often winds up with in every family. That's as far as I'm going with that though :-)

      Delete
  2. 2/3 of the earth's surface is water...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very nice setup you have there. Is there going to be a plate to reduce the hole size fitted in the future, or do you think the opening will have little enough drag that it isn't worth the bother? Too bad about the official harassment though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it will be a relief when it's over. I'm not done though - read my latest post. As for the drag across the hole, I'm not too concerned about it. Autarkia was never meant to be a rocket anyway.

      Delete