Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Stealth Paint Job

Apart from bottom paint -to be finished just prior to launch - the exterior painting is done!  The deck was coated with Deckote, which goes down in two parts.  First a texture coating and then a colour coating.  I have used this in the past on sundecks and it has stood up well to furniture legs, BBQ's and a lot of traffic in hard shoes and boots.  It should stand up pretty well on a pampered house-barge!

We went with stealthy olive tones that should blend in well with our wooded shore lines and creeks.  Plus it's pretty cool (we think).

Tomorrow I'm going to start installing the windows.



8 comments:

  1. Looks great! I'm enjoying watching you progress! Best/Roy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roy. It is really at the fun stage now.

      Delete
  2. I think it looks great! Best yard ornament ever winner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dennis. Most everyone I encounter when I'm out there working on her is supportive, friendly and offer wonderful compliments. Yet I'm told by the officials, there's someone who hates it. Oh well..

      Delete
  3. Al, it's looking really, really nice. Excellent color combinations. Your hard work is paying off.

    > Yet I'm told by the officials, there's someone who hates it.

    Just forget about the gadflies and enjoy your progress.

    Yoda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yoda. We're having a lot of fun now - especially with the visual progress coming hard and fast. We are just going to keep going and to hell the whiners.

      Delete