Friday, August 5, 2016

Cutting Some Holes

Things are rolling along pretty well.  I painted inside the motor well so next time I have enough bodies here we can hand-bomb the outboard into place and bolt her up.  Also, I have had the fortune to meet a local blog follower, Jeff, who not only is a junk sailor, but a well set up steel fabricator.  He will be making up my railings and grab bars for me.  Quite possibly he will make a metal tabernacle if I go that route as well.

For the sake of Lorri being able to visualize the interior space a little easier, I cut out the windows, cabinet openings and stove cut-out.  I used a router with a straight bit and made guides so the cut-outs were straight and neat.  One of the picture windows wound up 2 inches wider than my glass so I'll have to order a new tempered panel for that one.  Yes, measure twice, and cut once; I did that.

My mind was distracted though.  Lorri and I have been invited to city hall for a meeting Monday morning.  I sure hope it is going to be a positive experience!









4 comments:

  1. Very Nice, I like it when things are fully 3D. I have to build in stages so I can properly measure each step to take into account the previous inaccuracies. My project is slowing because other summer projects interfere, and I am procrastinating editing photos to post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the any of these projects Dennis, us builders always know where the bodies are buried :-)

      Today, I'm going fix those picture windows though. They are too low. It means putting in some filler strips but no big deal. I can fix that over sized cutout the same way so I don't waste the glass I bought.

      Delete
  2. Agree with Dennis. The windows add a 3D feel and make it easier to tell what the boat will be like. From one armchair observer's perspective, looking at the exterior profile photos, the forward cabin seems to beg for a couple more windows on each side.

    Go into the light!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're pricing out some opening portlights for a couple of spots. Those bronze ones are not cheap!

      Delete